Monday, June 12, 2017

Challenge Day 2: Bottle, Bottle, What's in the Bottle?

"Tiny Things to Write About" Challenge Day 2

We all have junk. List the items in your fridge you never use.


I like to think of myself as a pretty healthy eater.
However.

There are some items in my fridge I rarely/never use. Why are they there? Some serve a useful purpose on the very rare occasion I make unusual food recipes, like the time I tried to replicate Chicken-on-a-Stick (successful) or Bibimbap (gave up, what the heck is this anyway? lol). Others? Not quite sure why they still share space with the bread and butter, you know?

While the challenge does not state this as an exploratory exercise, I still feel the need to clear the boards on what they were actually there for, in the first place.
This may explain a lot about me, come to think of it.
But I will resist.

Anyway, here's my list:

Korean BBQ sauce
Kimchi
Wasabi Paste
Can of Sardines
Dill Pickle Relish
Bread and Butter Pickles


What's in YOUR fridge? Hmm?


Have a Healthy One :)




5 comments:

  1. I finally tossed the kimchi. I listened to a podcast, Local Mouthful, which is out of Philly so it is, and one of the girls said she loved kimchi with a fried egg on top. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know why it was there, probably for the egg recipe!

      Delete
  2. Haha this is awesome! I think we have some weird pomegranate concentrate syrup that I had to drive to the weirdest corner of the city to find in an East Indian grocery store for a recipe I don't even remember now... about three years ago.... still in the fridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that Grace, it's in a recipe from Oprah's new book for a lentil salad.

      Delete
    2. Haha - so strange what lives in the fridge and for reasons we no longer feel compelled to remember or use rt?!

      Delete